Friday, May 11, 2018

Chappie

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Chappie_poster.jpg


I decided to watch Chappie

First off we have the story which overall I found it very generic being a creator and their creation being used for bad purposes. Also I felt the run-time was a bit to long as it tried to cram in all the story points and themes it wanted to use with mixed success. The ending of this film was well, I don't know what to think about it because of the theme it used. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were very mixed, I thought Deon was an alright character who's creation meant well but was used for the wrong means. Yolandi as a character had some development wanting to help Chappie. Vincent played by Hugh Jackman was a villain who I found stereotypical as a jealous inventor to Devon who wanted his creation to used. I also found the other gangsters generic who also wanted to use Chappie for their own purposes which made me not care for them.

Now we have the action which for what there was in the film was generic and uninteresting. As for the visuals I thought were ok in terms of camerawork, there were decent shots showing off Johannesburg. In terms of everything else the visuals weren't anything special. In terms of the robots I found the designs of them really unique and cool. Moving onto the tone of the movie which I could tell what it was going for with an ordinary guy's creation being used for bad situations. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked very well, it had different tracks that fit the style and tone of the movie. 

Overall I thought this film was trying to good things like it's message and themes but because of everything else such as the mixed characters, boring action and sluggish story the film was just bearable. 

I give Chappie a score of 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment