Friday, May 11, 2018

From Russia With Love

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/From_Russia_with_Love_%E2%80%93_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch From Russia With Love

First off we have the story which as Bond trying to get a hold of a cryptographic device while facing SPECTRE as they plan to kill him for the murder of Dr. No which overall I found very interesting and was during the first half the slow pacing was used to set things up well and the second half kept me watching and I wanted to know what would happen next.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were what I expected from a Bond film. Bond himself who was cool and charismatic when needed and when it came to the action he was very capable. You had the main female interest of the movie being Romanova who worked well in the film. The side characters in this were actually good and useful when needed. Onto the villains which were ok.

Now we have the action which was good. The main set-piece that was done really well in terms of action and choreography was the train fight with Bond and Grant. The way they fight in the small compact area of the train was impressive as well as the stunts. Some of the chases as well in the film were good. As for the visuals I thought they were nice. Some of the camerawork during certain scenes like the train fight were done really well and at other points the visuals were average. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was does very well at fitting the tone of a Bond film with all the usual aspects that make every film: the action, the tech, the girl etc. I thought the soundtrack of the film which for what there was in the movie was good when needed however there weren't any standouts.

Overall I thought this film was a fitting James Bond film and uses what Bond films are good at to it's advantage, the film was fun ride and a good start to Bond Movie Month. 

I give From Russia With Love a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment