Friday, May 11, 2018

Pearl Harbor


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Pearl_harbor_movie_poster.jpg

I decided to watch Pearl Harbor

First off we have the story which overall I found in terms of the main romantic plot was very boring and over the top and a the use of the Peal Harbour disaster as a backdrop wasn't needed. The length of the movie didn't help the story being about 3 hours. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were boring and weren't very interesting. The stories that they went through in the film were sappy and cheesy for a romance film and also very over the top. 

Now we have the action which I thought was shot really in terms of action scenes especially  when the Japanese attack Pearl Harbour, the use of different angles and choreography during the attack were easy to see and you could tell what was gong on. As for the visuals which I thought in terms of camerawork were good in terms of the action and were excellent during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. Everything else however when it wasn't action wasn't that great but generic. Moving onto the tone of the movie which as I have sad before was very over the top for a romantic movie feeling cheesy and cliche with the romantic plot-lines and situations. I thought the soundtrack of the film was nothing special, just generic romantic and action music when it was needed. 

Overall I thought this film was awful. The story and characters were uninteresting, the action may have good in camerawork but not enough to save this film 

I give Pearl Harbor a score of 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment