Friday, May 11, 2018

Pixels

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/PixelsOfficialPoster.jpg

I decided to watch Pixels

First off we have the story which overall I liked the concept of the movie and the potential for this was there but because of some of the typical story tropes like outcasts becoming heroes or even some tropes brought in from other Adam Sandler movies that I've heard about the story is lacking and generic.  

Next we have the characters which overall I thought weren't very interesting and I found the jokes they pulled in the movie weren't funny but just very cheesy or unfunny. The personalities of the characters were very unlikable and I couldn't connect to them.  

Now we have the action which I thought was were interesting and I was hooked throughout. This was helped with how good the individual fights were because of the concepts used. As for the visuals which I thought in terms of the video game effects looked very good and realistic to what they look like in real life. I also liked the visual effects for when the video games get destroyed. In terms of the other scenes they were generic in terms of direction and camerawork. Moving onto the tone of the movie which had a very nostalgic feel for the video games but as for the tone of everything else I found very unlikable in a way,mostly to do with the characters. I thought the soundtrack of the film was ok for the most part and passable at best however there weren't any standouts music tracks 

Overall I thought this film was a missed opportunity for a good film but because of how unfunny it was and some of the ridiculous aspects that it used the movie was bad. 

I give Pixels a score of 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment