Friday, May 11, 2018

Prometheus

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Prometheusposterfixed.jpg

This weeks film that I have decided to watch is Prometheus. Prometheus was decided because of it's links to the Alien franchise which I was watching for the last few weeks so this is the review of Prometheus

First off we have the story which overall I thought was very compelling and drew me in straight away and kept me entertained throughout the film. It managed to keep me on edge in certain parts right until the end of the film.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were very good in this movie and on there own for the most part were interesting and kept me wanting to root for them. The prime example are Shaw and Holloway, wanting to see the expedition go well but seeing what happens to each of them with the death of Holloway and Shaw having to go through having an cesarean to take a creature out of her made me root for her. Another character I enjoyed was David the android aboard the ship because of his personality and his characterization of an android. The secondary characters were ok they weren't anything special with a few ones being red shirts

Moving on to the action throughout the film, for what action there was in the film it was very thrilling and exciting to watch to and to see what would happen throughout the action scenes. One scene in particular was Shaw's cesarean and making the Prometheus ship fly into the spaceship taking off from the planet. The tone of the movie was set right from the beginning and made the film creepy in parts such as when they were in the alien craft. The tone dd well shifting between scenes being creepy and when there were action scenes. Next are the visuals which for a science fiction film were very good. The cinematography added to the creepy and action scenes to make them more enthralling and enjoyable.The action scenes were enthralling and excitable to watch. They kept we entertained throughout as I didn't know what would happen to some of the characters. The soundtrack added to everything in the film: the action scenes, the creepy scenes and even the scenes to setup everything for the film.

Overall I thought this film was great fun. It had some good main characters that made me root for them, the action scenes were entertaining and some of the scenes that used a bit of horror were surprising. The visuals and soundtrack made it feel like an alien planet which helped with my enjoyment. 

I give Prometheus a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment