Friday, May 11, 2018

Alien: Resurrection


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Alien_Resurrection_poster.jpg

I have decided to watch Alien: Resurrection recommended by Liam. He again suggested to watch Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection back to back so here is the review. This is a review of the special edition of the film. 

First off we have the story which overall I thought was the third weakest of the four films in my opinion. The  whole plot of cloning Ripley was a good idea. I just thought adding in the fact she had part Xenomorph about her wasn't done that well to be honest. The rest of the film was ok and just barley passed for me but it did things that the previous film didn't such as having a type of base under siege that was done ok and prefer it to the one done n the last film. 

Next we have the characters which overall besides some of the pirates (2 to be exact) I really didn't like the rest including Ripley, yes I know she isn't the exact one from the previous films but as the main character and the changes that she has she didn't impress me. Some of the other characters including the pirates were made out just be foder for the Xenomorphs which in turn made me not care for what happened to them. The reveal of one of the characters being an android was weird as there was no way to tell as we had seem them just "die" so didn't think they would come back very soon after the death scene.

Moving on to the action throughout the film which I felt was passable there were a few stupid action scenes such as one of the characters using trick-shots to kill a guard early in the film then a Xenomorph during the underwater scene. However I did enjoy the underwater scene when the Xenomorphs are chasing them and trap them. I also didn't like the fact a facehugger could be taken off easily when it is stated it can't be removed by force. Onto the tone of the film which I thought was meh. Yes being an action and a horror film can be good I think this film didn't do both of these tones to very good use, just passable use. So overall the tone wasn't set as well as the previous films. The visuals were ok for the type of film it was trying to do. The action scenes were good for what they were. Whatever genre is what going back and forth between did ok I guess but as usual I preferred the visuals from some of the previous films. The soundtrack as well was just ok, nothing too exciting but t wasn't bad either. Nothing much else to say.

Overall I thought this film was just plain meh. It made decisions that I thought that the previous film did wrong but there were really obvious faults in third movie which I just hate it for and this film definitely could have been good, it was just meh. 

I give Alien: Resurrection a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment