Friday, May 11, 2018

Constantine

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Constantine_poster.jpg

I decided to watch Constantine

First off we have the story which overall I enjoyed the concept of this movie with the exorcist killing demons for a job. However I thought the execution of this was boring and I couldn't care about about the story. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were terrible in terms of acting. Keanu Reeves as the main character Constantine tried to pull out a performance but came across as bland and uninteresting. Some of the actors who played side characters also gave bad performances for their characters.

Now we have the action which was mostly towards the end of the movie felt very genric and for this type of film and genre. As for the visuals I thought in terms of camerawork were passable for the genre of movie this went into. In terms of special effects weren't that great and haven't aged well for the time this movie came out in 2005. Moving onto the tone of the movie which I actually enjoyed. The dark tone this went down was very interesting and the concepts it brought in were helped by the tone to make it better. I thought the soundtrack of the film wasn't that great. There we no standout tracks to add to the film's scenes

Overall I thought this film was boring. I couldn't care about much in this film and I wasn't impressed by it. I applaud it trying to be its own film and an adaptation but certain things held it back. 

I give Constantine a score of 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment