Friday, May 11, 2018

Predators

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Predators_54632_glg.jpg

I have decided to watch Predators. 

First off we have the story which overall I thought was very good and a fun watch. The story was better than the last predator film I watched. It made me want some of the characters to survive but also fear the adult Predators. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were good. I was surprised at how good Adrien Brody's character was throughout the movie, I thought his character was entertaining and fit the situation very well. Another character I liked in the movie was Isabelle because she to fit the situation of the movie. One character I didn't like was Noland for the short period of time he was in the movie. I also didn't know how to feel about the reveal of Edwin's real character as it felt a bit forced. 

Moving on to the action throughout the film which I thought was very entertaining as the characters were being hunted and having to adapt to the alien planet. Then there were the scenes when they were fighting the Predators were entertaining and kept the film enjoyable to watch. They take-downs were done well such as the sword fight. The tone of the movie was done very well throughout the film. It managed to balance the action and horror tones very well especially in the forest locations around the beginning of the film. As for visuals for a science fiction horror movie they were done very well. Some of the camera work throughout the film was good and used the locations well and made the locations threatening. The soundtrack of the film was good for a science fiction horror movie. The tracks were used to good effect to help with some of the action scenes as well as the horror scenes.

Overall I thought this film was a fun ride and would definitely re-watch this again some time.

I give Predators a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment