Friday, May 11, 2018

Suicide Squad

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Suicide_Squad_%28film%29_Poster.png

I decided to watch Suicide Squad

First off we have the story which overall I thought was for the most part was good with the forming of the team and Joker. The main thing that brought it down was the plan set by Enchantress which I found wasn't interesting and wasn't needed and it could have been something else. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were a mixed bag. Characters like Deadshot and Harley Quinn I found really good and worked well in the movie, whereas characters like Croc, Katana and Rick were mixed and could have been used better. The less said about Captain Boomerang and one of the villains Enchantress the better as I couldn't care about Captain Boomerang and what he did and Enchantress wasn't that great as a villain. Finally we have The Joker played by Jared Leto who I thought was mixed, I didn't hate it and there were some parts where he was good. I really enjoyed the bar scene involving the squad as it allowed them to converse and know about each other.

Now we have the action which I thought was alright, not the best. I enjoyed the different ways the characters fought because of the skills that they each had: Deadshot - good shooter, Diablo - fire, etc. The action scenes themselves felt very generic in terms of the visuals being a superhero movie which made me not invested as much as I would have liked. As for the visuals I thought were lackluster in terms of the action sequences. As I mentioned they were generic for a superhero movie. Outside the action visuals, some of the visuals were good to average. One sequence I did like were the introductions to each character when Waller was describing the team. The tone of the movie was interesting as it felt like it was trying to take a different turn with it as the movie was already taking a different twist on the superhero movie with villains being brought in to do something good even if they were forced. It also tried to a fun movie which it accomplished for the most part. However I think it didn't work just used the tone from previous films only slightly different. The soundtrack of the film was fun and enjoyable just like the tone and had tracks which added to the film's enjoyment.

Overall I thought this film was movie was fun. It has clear problems in story and characters which does bring it down but I would enjoy watching this film again

I give Suicide Squad a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment