Friday, May 11, 2018

Thunderball

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Thunderball_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch Thunderball

First off we have the story where Bond must find out what has happened to two NATO atomic bombs and battle SPECTRE agent 2 Emilio Largo which overall I thought took a while for the movie to pick up the pace as the first portion set everything up and the structure suffered. One thing it did which wasn't a good thing was showing the plan of the villain instead of us seeing it unfold from Bond's perspective like Goldfinger.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed, at times Bond was good and on form. The villain of this film although acted well, the character was nothing to write home about. I did think however that Domino was an interesting character and served well in the film.

Now we have the action which I thought in terms of the underwater scenes were long and tedious to watch with no excitement, there was also the fact of them been confusing as there was a lot happening during those scenes. Another ting was that the editing of those scenes really needed work on. Onto the final showdown at the end which felt off and fast paced. As for the visuals I thought they looked good when it came to the underwater scenes especially the fight scenes but for most of the other visuals they just looked average which is a letdown from the previous films. Moving onto the tone of the movie which for this film felt like something was missing and the tone of the movie felt off for James Bond movie compared to the others. thought the soundtrack of the film was alright and suited the style of a spy movie.

Overall I thought this film was very mixed, parts I liked such as the locations and cinematography and parts I didn't like, but for me things such as the editing in scenes, the villain came up short in terms of his character. Finally the story had mixed aspects that I found good but parts which really stood out as bad. 

I give Thunderball a score of 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment